Five Things That Make Me VERY HAPPY Today:
- My Brand-New Dryer!! Yes, I have a new dryer. About a week before I expected to. I take back all the mean things I said about DPW (which I found out means Department of Public Works). Not that I was wrong; they were supposed to come look at the dryer on Wednesday...but they didn't. I called DPW again and they said, "We don't have any record of that work order. It must have been deleted." So they came yesterday. But when they came they brought a brand-new dryer, so all is forgiven.
- The Little Mister's TWO teeth!! Yes, two. His first poked through on Sunday, his second poked through on Wednesday. I'm expecting six or seven more by February. ;)
- Sunshine. It's only 31 degrees, but the shining sun warms me all the way through.
- Another refreshing reading day. Yesterday I (mostly) stayed offline again; in the morning I read Gathering Blue (the sequel to The Giver) and in the afternoon, while I did stuff around the house, I started listening to an audiobook (The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale. It's a Full Cast Audio recording, and it's wonderful. I've read the book several times, but it's fun to be read to. And the Little Mister seems to enjoy audiobooks too.).
- Knowing the Sergeant is home with his family. He's actually at work at the moment, but he's still in Germany. See, deployments are tricky. It's not like one day someone calls you on the phone and says, "You're being deployed on July 27" or whatever. There are always rumors ("in the fall" " not 'til next year" "earlier than expected") but you can't ever take rumors seriously. But sometimes you go to a meeting and someone important makes an announcement. It's never specific, but it gives you a time frame and it's more believable than a rumor. Last spring, when I was still pregnant (and quite ready to not be pregnant anymore!), there was a meeting like that. And they said, "November." And I cried, because that meant the Sergeant would miss the Little Mister's first Thanksgiving, his first Christmas, and his first birthday. But...things changed. Dates got pushed. I know he's going to have to leave at some point, but right now he's still here. We had Christmas and Thanksgiving as a family. And he'll be home later today to play with his little boy. And that makes me happy. :)