Tuesday, January 15, 2008

the tooth shall set your free*: a (very late!) monday mission

Something lurks in the baby's mouth.

There is drool. There is pain. There is endless crying.

Even the mommy cries.

Will this vile fiend ever be found?

Find out as you watch horror fill the baby's house in Teething Terror!


This week's Monday Mission was to write a post in the form of a movie synopsis, although mine is more like a teaser trailer. :) And yes, it is Tuesday morning as I post this. Oh well.


*I'm not near clever enough to think up a title like this on my own. It's...er...borrowed...from an old episode of M*A*S*H; when we put a dvd in last night and I saw it in the title list I knew what I had to do for a Monday Mission. :)

* * * * * * * * *

Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement as to being both Mommy and Wife. The Sergeant and I have talked about it, and both of us read all your comments, and in just two days things have improved. We both know this is normal, and we're not overly worried about it, but we are making an effort to pay more attention to each other. The deployment, of course, will not be easy, but we'll make it. We survived the last one (the Little Mister is actually a "deployment baby"; I found out I was pregnant about a month after the Sergeant got home!). And if I can get my neighbor to babysit we'll be having a date night very soon!! Thanks again...

6 comments:

  1. I think it is wonderful that you guys read the comments on the "balance" post together. You guys are already working together to build a strong deployment proof marriage!

    I hope you are able to get that date night arranged very soon! You may also want to consider trading babysitting. We do that with friends who have kids our kid's ages. One night a month we babysit for them and then they do it for us another. It saves money and the kids love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the synopsis. I hope his teething is getting better (less painful).

    I'm so glad that you *may* be going on a date, soon.

    Of course the two of you will be fine! But it doesn't hurt to stop and appreciate each other every now and then. Life can get crazy busy sometimes - and taking time to appreciate each other is always the first thing to go, I find.

    Hugs - Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. the title is fascinating, thanks for explaining it's origins! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teething! Ack!
    You know, it took me YEARS to figure out how to be a mother AND a wife. Good for you for working on it now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have fun...it's good that you are taking this little bump in stride. I think that all relationships go through phases....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember my younger brothers had plastic rings with water in them that we kept in the freezer to soothe those poor gums.

    ReplyDelete