Friday, November 21, 2008

New Stuff

  • Lately my son seems to think he should call me by my given name instead of calling me Mamma. Hmm.
  • The Little Mister seems to have begun "playing pretend". I asked him to hold a package of fruit snacks while I finished up what I was doing; I told him I'd open them when I was done. After a minute, when I glanced up, he was pretending to pull a snack out of the bag, put it in his mouth, chew, and swallow. When he caught me looking at him, he grinned. So cute!
  • A HUGE step in the right direction: the Little Mister is starting to put his toys away when I ask. And sometimes even when I don't ask. Wow. I LOVE IT!!
  • A couple weeks ago, for a reason I still can't put my finger on, I started a page on Facebook. I've already been in touch with several friends I hadn't talked to in over ten years!
  • I bought plane tickets this week; the Little Mister and I will be in the States for pretty much the month of January. I don't look forward to the l-o-n-g flights with a toddler, but it'll be great to see family and friends. The Little Mister even (finally!!!) gets to meet Painted Maypole and the May Queen!!!
  • And...oh yeah...it's SNOWING outside right now. It's pretty much a mini blizzard! Yuck.
Christmas card update: 16 down, 49 to go. I think I need to work faster.
And yes, eventually I'll post a picture. :)

15 comments:

  1. That Facebook will suck up so much time...but it is nice to be back in touch with long lost friends. And YAY for a trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha my son asked yesterday if he could call me lea. Ummm guess what the answer was!

    you must be THRILLED to be heading home for such a long trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started Facebook too. Oh dear.

    So glad you get a trip home! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There must be something in the air drawing everyone to facebook; I just joined it myself several weeks ago. It IS nice, but it's taking me until now to finally draw down my time on it. It even interfered with my blogging! Now that's serious...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm on facebook too ~ joyfish01@gmail.com
    Be careful ~ it's addicting!

    And the picking up toys this... I don't want to burst your bubble, but don't get used to it, Mama. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The traveling will be fine. I'm excited for you!

    The calling you by a name is a phase.

    Can hardly wait to see the Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just started facebook too. I love the Little Mister's new things and you're making progress on Christmas cards :) The trip home in January should be great! Snow? YUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh...I signed up on Facebooks but have not absolutely nothing with it. I have a feeling it will just suck all the time out of my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well... what a busy old time you have been having, you must be doing a big old happy dance about the toy putting away thing!! I know when my kids learn that one at school it certainly makes my life alot easier!! Facebook is strange, weird, wonderful and dangerous thing, I love it and hate it at the same time!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everyone is on facebook now, I know I am :D
    It's fun, but I don't have the time to devote to it right now. Good luck on the cards, I haven't even started mine yet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Snow! Hooray! And a long trip to the States with family sounds wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of good stuff in there! The picking up toys thing has given me hope. Z will occasionally throw a block back in her barrel when I ask, but then she takes it right back out. The name thing is funny.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for a trip home! I'm sure little mister will do great on the plane.

    I cant even think about Xmas cards yet. I still haven't even finished my thanks yous from my bay shower a month ago :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. I admit, FAcebook kind of freaks me out.

    And I love it when they help tidy up their toys.

    ReplyDelete