Monday, February 18, 2008

mistake + accident = exhaustion

Why was I overcome by an uncontrollable urge to scrub my bathroom, top to bottom, when I'm sick and can barely breathe??

Why, after the cleaning spree and the following shower, did I decide to do a bit of rearranging in one of the kitchen cupboards, and accidentally knock a glass bottle (a fru-fru drink, as the Sergeant calls it) onto the floor? It didn't break, but the pressure blew the cap off, showering me, the floor, the ceiling, and everything in the cupboard with green apple flavored alcohol.

I feel like I could sleep for a week. Or a month. A year doesn't sound unreasonable.

But at least I have a sparkling bathroom.

And a newly-mopped kitchen floor.

*sigh*

20 comments:

  1. That really sucks. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too cleaned the shower today. Sprayed everything with Tilex and promptly passed out from the fumes, and I'm not even sick! I think when you're sick, your defenses are down so those insidious thoughts (like I really NEED to clean that particular cabinet today) creep in. Fight against them! And feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. alcohol is a cleaning agent, right? Close enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cleaning urges come at the strangest of times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feel better--SOON!

    Apple-smelling alcohol? Sounds interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well -- there was a lot of cleaning going on around here this weekend because we had dinner guests.

    But honestly, we don't enjoy cleaning very much and so things get put off for long periods of time. Until we have dinner guests.

    Hope you're feeling better soon and enjoying your clean house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha ha. sounds like when I first came down with this flu 3 weeks ago. I was confined to bed with a fever to 2 days straight, and when it finally broke I cleaned all 3 bathrooms, which wiped me out. And then I had to go perform Fiddler. Not so bright.

    ReplyDelete
  8. CLEARLY, cleaning is dangerous...this is why I never do it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My daughter cleaning?! Wow! Did Sergeant take video? Just kidding.:)
    Seriously, go see the dr. tomorrow and get something to help your throat. You don't want little mister to get it, do you?
    Feel better soon, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that is so the sort of things that I do and just the sort of thing that would happen to me - was it Apple Pucker Snopps? Take care and I hope you are feeling better - Kellan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no! I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you feel better soon. We have sick here too.... but our house is a mess. WTG, mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aaaw. Hope you're feeling better soon. Prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Erggg! I hate when stuff like that happens! One step forward and then two steps back!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gah! What a miserable day! Hope you feel better soon!

    Heidi

    PS: Looking at those shots of the Little Mister down below. He is just getting cuter and cuter and cuter.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, no. Rest up and take care. Feel better soon.

    PS - I did tell Mickey "hi" for you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always feel like cloroxing my house when I'm sick. Something about cleaning makes me feel like I can clean away sick. Or something. It sounds better in my head.

    But I will say I use Method products, actually, and they do not gag me. Environmentally friendly and nontoxic.

    FEEL BETTER SOON!!

    ReplyDelete