Monday, May 19, 2008

tiny post full of good news

Friday morning I found out I suddenly didn't have a ride to the airport.

Saturday afternoon I posted about it. (Thank you, by the way, to everyone who told me I'm not crazy. I know it probably wasn't really that bad, but I was major stressed and needed to rant a litle bit. Thanks for listening, and being encouraging.)

Late Saturday night I got an email from a friend asking if we could get together next week, and since I was sitting at my computer I replied right away, letting her know I was leaving earlier than I'd originally told her so our visit would have to wait. I also told her about my ride issues, asking if she knew anyone who might be able to help. I didn't ask her outright if she could do it because she has five kids...and who wants to get five kids up, dressed, in the car, etc...at five in the morning??! But she wrote back in just a few minutes, telling me of course she could help and that she and her brother (visiting) would take the kids to Frankfurt for the day (she homeschools). She also told me I was silly for not asking her in the first place.

It's so good to have friends.

And...twenty four hours from now the Little Mister will be settling into an airplane! :)


p.s. I wanted to update yesterday, but didn't want to take anything away from my anniversary message to my husband...so I waited until this morning. :)

12 comments:

  1. Yippee!!! So glad you got it all worked out. One less thing to worry about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad things worked out :) Have an awesome trip- hopefully, you will be able to post while you are home...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell the pilot to fly safely and have a lovely trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you found a ride! A whole month in Michigan with family? Sounds lovely, hon. Enjoy! And I hope the peanut sleeps the entire trip... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO good to hear. Why is it that the people with the most responsibilities are the ones who are most willing to help??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun in Michigan!

    I'm from Michigan, too. Did I already tell you that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you got a ride! That's one less hassle . . . . have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yah for you! and for good people!

    hope your trip goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just catching up... Bad neighbor! But good you have an awesome friend like that. (five kids?! holy crap!) :)

    Hope you have a great trip! Can't wait to hear all about it...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I am so glad it all worked out so well. It is good to have friends. Enjoy your trip, and your flight.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to hear all the details from your trip! Thinking of you! Travel safe!

    ReplyDelete