My instructions for losing the last shred of sanity you might have left...
- Wake up to the phone ringing at 4:00 am the day before Thanksgiving.
- Drag yourself out of bed, wake and feed the baby, and get in the car to pick up your husband after he's been gone for four weeks, only to have him call back to say he has a ride and you can go back to bed.
- Have a very l-o-n-g holiday weekend, and be sure to take several crazy-busy shopping trips, completely clean and rearrange (and mostly organize) your entire living room and dining room, cook Thanksgiving dinner, introduce your baby to solid food, and decorate for Christmas.
- At the end of the sanity-breaking holiday weekend, volunteer to babysit your friend's two-and-a-half year old daughter starting at 5:00 Monday morning.
- Wake up to the alarm going off at 4:56 Monday morning.
- Starting around 6:00 am listen to aforementioned toddler saying, over and over, "we take [the Sergeant] to work," "he's going to the field, his clothes will be nasty" and "go for a ride in miss [dragonfly's] car in a little bit."
- Repeat the previous step about 50 times.
- At 6:45 bundle up the baby and the toddler against the snowy morning, and drive onto the base to drop the Sergeant off to go back to the field.
- Listen to the toddler say "Mister [Sergeant] going to the field. His clothes are nasty." and "Mister [Sergeant] clean snow off Miss [dragonfly's] car." (note: "Mister" is sometimes pronounced "Miss" :)
- Repeat and repeat and repeat the previous step.
- Chase the toddler and the baby (who is thankfully not terribly mobile yet) around until 1:00 pm, when your friend picks up the toddler.
- Praise God that the baby is sleeping and listen to the quiet while you wonder where your last marble went.
Today's Monday Mission is to write a post in the form of directions. Monday Missions are fun...click to visit Painted Maypole and find links to more directions. She also posted the list of Missions for December!